KCMS is proud to distribute bursaries to families and individuals requiring financial assistance for music lessons. This limited fund is distributed in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Bursaries are available for students involved in all programs at KCMS including private lessons and group classes.
- All applicants must provide a written statement explaining their financial need and personal goals for instrument study.
- Families and Individuals are only offered one bursary per school year (September to June).
- Household Annual Income must not exceed $70,000/year.
- All applicants must provide the previous year's Notice of Assessment from CRA. Your confidential information is provided ONLY to our Bursary Committee for the purposes of this application.
- Funding is assessed on a case-by-case basis. Families with multiple students (3+) will be considered, even if income exceeds the household maximum of $70,000.
- Due to limited funds, bursaries are not provided to every applicant.
- Bursary amounts vary each year.
- Bursary applications are reviewed by the KCMS Bursary Committee. All decisions are final.
Application Deadline for Fall 2021: July 2nd
Application Deadline for Winter 2022: November 30th
Applications received outside of these dates will not be processed until the next bursary intake.
Successful applicants will be notified by email within 30 days of the deadline.
The name and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form.
Bursary funds are limited and dependent on donations. If you are interested in becoming a donor, please click here!